Monday, September 18, 2006

Rock-tastic

I know that this is a little bit late, as the majority of people reading this blog already know our news, but I didn’t want to post without being able to put any pictures up to go with it, so that’s why I’ve had to wait.

I get really shy (honestly, I do!) when it comes to things about me, which is why its taken me the best part of 10 days to get round to writing this blog about what’s been going on. For those who maybe don’t know, Keith and I have been together for nearly 5 years, which has gone far too quickly and doesn’t seem possible really, considering it seems like yesterday when I was checking his Brett-esque hip shaking out downs at Subs. (Yep, it was that dancing that lured me in, and the rubbish on his feet at football matches!)

So, on the first evening of our trip to the Red Centre, after going to Uluru to see the sunset, we went back to the camp for a Barbie. Keith dragged me off to go and look at the stars and the moon just because we’d never seen skies so clear and so many stars before, (I protested at this event as I was tired and ready for bed!) but little did I know there was an ulterior motive for this star watching! Keith asked me to marry him….and I said Yes! (He had to ask me twice in fact, as the first time, I asked him if he was joking, this after being speechless for a few minutes, and that doesn’t happen very often to me!) To celebrate afterwards, in true Keith style, we had a cuppa!


I’m so happy, we both are, my ring is just beautiful, and Keith is the sneakiest little bugger there is, but I love him so much for it, as I’ve since found out that he’d asked my dad a good few months before we came away and had been carrying the ring round with him since we left home! I’m looking forward to being able to celebrate when we get back, not least so I can flash my gorgeous ring off!

Thank you Keith, for making me the happiest girl in the world. X X X X

1 Comments:

At 5:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many congratulations to you both with love from all of us at home xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home